Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Dawning

It’s early. Well, not too early. I awoke and did my usual early morning wake-up dance: coffee, warm socks, ESPN, Facebook, and email. This week is going to be a good one. This week is not going to be fun, but rewarding. A consistently solid workload to accomplish and I will wake up at the end of it in sweet company.

Two significant points have thrust up against each other back-to-back.

Things are drawing to an end. Some have asked of me to continue my presidency, and it has been supported by a broad constituency that if I were to run again I would win. But I have decided to give it up. As much good that could come to the fraternity with a two-term president, my other options tip the balance. I have been watching my successor the past few weeks. He’s got drive and motivation that will push the fraternity to a good place. I leave the office with no worries of what will come when I’m gone.

The page turns.

And like with all sunsets, there is hope and promise of a new day dawning. And my morning arises shedding light on the beauty of ole Ms. Hotty Toddy…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home